In partnership with Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo’s Office and Harris County Public Health, Elevate Strategies LLC is seeking an experienced Organizing Director to manage a comprehensive canvassing and outreach program focused on increasing access and trust in the COVID-19 vaccines by meeting Harris County residents where they are.
The campaign will consist of fifty canvassers going door-to-door to combat COVID-19 vaccine misinformation, educate residents on the benefits of vaccinations, and improve health outcomes.
Preference will be given to those who have a proven track record of success in 1) not only launching a canvassing or community organizing program in diverse communities but in 2) meeting and/or exceeding realistic goals.
The Organizing Director will manage a team of five Regional Directors and fifty canvassers. The Organizing Director will report to the Deputy Program Manager.
This position begins immediately and is contract-funded, which means the position will be terminated should the county choose to end the program early. If the county does not decide to end the program early, the position will last for at least one year.
- establish and model a culture of integrity, safety, respect, and quality leadership throughout the team,
- recommend and implement strategic data-driven recommendations and ensure the team meets all weekly and monthly goals,
- design and employ thorough quality control systems,
- day-to-day management of the program, including all operational & administrative components,
- manage revolving campaign literature printing orders,
- daily analysis and tracking of the team’s performance,
- maintain team morale, motivation, and cohesiveness among all members of the team,
- recruitment, hiring & training of all team members,
- setup and management of processes & systems along with deploying safety protocols,
- produce weekly and monthly reports to Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, assist with drafting memos & reports for the county, internal standard operating procedures, FAQs, tip sheets, etc.,
- memorialize strengths, challenges, and findings from canvassing interactions weekly,
- represent the county and overall vaccine outreach effort with the utmost professionalism and ethical conduct,
- other duties as requested
Need to have
- strong commitment to providing Harris County residents with facts about the COVID-19 vaccinations to improve health outcomes,
- at least 3 years work experience as a manager of staff in advocacy or electoral campaigns, specifically organizing underrepresented and historically marginalized communities,
- proficiency with EveryAction (VAN), including MiniVAN and MiniVAN manager,
- demonstrated experience in the use of data to set goals, measure progress, and recommend programmatic shifts,
- demonstrated experience in coaching underperforming staff to meet realistic goals, as well as facilitating the transfer of knowledge from high performing staff,
- excellent work ethic, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills,
- proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while respecting the rest of your colleagues,
- strong time management skills,
- proficiency with Google Workspace products (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Calendar etc.)
Nice to have
- at least 5 years work experience as a manager of staff in advocacy or electoral campaigns, specifically organizing underrepresented and historically marginalized communities
- at least near-native fluency in Spanish,
- advanced proficiency with EveryAction (VAN), including MiniVAN and MiniVAN manager
- must be able to produce proof of current COVID-19 vaccinations,
- must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation,
- must have a working laptop and smart mobile device,
- must be able to work evenings and weekends,
- must be a resident of the Houston area or relocate to the Houston area
This is a contract position (1099). The monthly compensation range is $15,000 - $21,000, depending on experience.